Stand and walk

Yesterday evening Justin called for me to come watch Amelia. She had a marker in one hand and was standing in the middle of the room. She took a baby step, lost her balance, stood up again and took another step. All week she's practiced standing and squatting then standing again. It is funny to watch her because she looks like she is doing squats. I think Aunt Jana (a physical trainer) gave her some good tips! This afternoon I caught some video of her trying to walk by herself from the sand box to her little pool. Note the chubby legs!

Also, we had some ice cream on our way home from Ma-ma's house. Amelia's face was covered with ice cream. She noticed her ice creamed face in the little mirror over her carseat. She started pulling funny faces at herself and laughing. I nearly died of laughter. She would giggle, take a smear of ice cream, look at herself, pull a face, giggle, and on and on. Wow, that giggle feels like an explosion of warm goodness inside my soul. Nothing makes me happier than to do something silly and get a laugh out of her.

Comments

Popular Posts