Onion Layers

A couple years ago before drifting off to sleep I explained to Justin that I was like an onion: many layers of complexity but not as smelly. Another layer was exposed today.

Monday afternoon I noticed a sharp pain in my lower pelvic area. The pain stabbed me each time I turned or moved unexpectedly. Like a true Lance I ignored the pain and thought, "no pain, no gain." Last night the pain suddenly errupted into a radiating, pluse. Sleeping comfortably was not an option. So, I dreamed strange dreams. Once again the dream that we are going to have twin boys named Phillip (Justin's fav name) and Everett (my fav). Waking up in a cold sweat is never pleasant.

This afternoon I went to see my family doctor. He is a nice guy. After prodding me, asking embarrassing questions and exclaiming over my distended abdomen he concluded that my colon is having spasms. Wierd. Maybe it will all sort out in a couple more days. At the end of the appointment I asked him to write another prescription for Armour Thyriod. He looked at me funny and asked why not Synthroid.
*For those not part of our family we recently started thyroid treatment to offset a mitrochondrial depletion caused by my Mom's radiation therapy 50 years ago. Last September I met with my Dr, bringing a five page document explaining our reasoning, symptoms, and treatment. Dr looked at me like I had ten heads. I imagined him laughing his head off after the appointment. Fine. I ordered the needed medication off the internet from England and Mexico.*

Dr asked me to truthfully tell him why I did not consult with him. I said, "Well, you did not act like you believed in my situation, so I went another direction and self-medicated." I guess this answer was a first honest answer in a long time. He started laughing and said I was right and that we would start over. So maybe I do have an ally in my doctor after all.

Onion Layer revealed: bluntness

Comments

Popular Posts