Where All Your Wildest Dreams Come True




This afternoon we decided to visit the Utah State Fair...where all your wildest dreams come true. We resisted the greasy funnel cakes right off the bat! That was a major accomplishment. Instead we had Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. How come greasy food is so tasty? Amelia was not too sure about seeing real animals up close. The huge pigs scared her. She popped her two fingers in her mouth as a reassurance. We saw the sheep, cows, goats, rabbits, and poultry in turn. She warmed up to the idea of live animals with the sheep and goats. I loved hearing her little voice saying baa, baa or mahh, mahh as we walked along. The best part was the hands on farm. She toted her little basket along collecting corn kernels, apples, milk, veggies, wool, etc. At the end you could "buy" a snack, we chose mashmellow mateys. Yum! My splurge of the day was a child-sized cowboy hat. Probably, grossly overpriced but completely cute. I really enjoyed browsing the photography exhibits.
This evening Justin and I attended a Food Storage Seminar by a lady who is completely amazing. She even has a website with tons of recipes, tips, and encouragement. Check out her site: www.simplylivingsmart.com

Comments

Johnson Family said…
The state fair...how fun! We took Bridger to the Cache County Fair and Rodeo...he loved it all and every time he talks to my dad, he has to mention all the animals he saw! Oh, I love the cowboy hat...you know there's a bit of that cowgirl in me, thanks to my sistas! Anyway, we need to get together soon!
JoAnn said…
We used to go every year to the state fair. What a wonderful time it seems you all had. My favorite thing to see there are the feathered friends. I love the variety in chickens.

Popular Posts