Fun Play Day

An audience, a polar bear, and crazy grandma swimming in frigid water
This morning's play group

Mom has been a flurry of activity since Monday preparing for two cowboy dinners. Her stove's been hot and cookin' since Sunday! We had the second dinner this evening. I think this dinner was more exciting than the first one due to the guests! A lively crowd makes for good company. Amelia and I have pretty much stayed home since our excursion on Sunday. We've rested and tried to catch up on sleep plus help Mom cook up a storm.

This morning Amelia followed Grandpa Lane out to the swimming pool to watch him morph into a Polar Bear. The pool water is a frosty 65-68 degrees. Jumping in is the only way to get in this pool! She watched him swim with great interest. The funniest part (for me) was her outfit...in her jammies wearing a candy corn hat she pulled out of her drawer!

My good friend, Shannon, picked us up this morning to ferry us to a local play group. I served two months of my mission with Shannon down in Loule, Portugal. She is a wonderful person!!! Amelia seemed delighted to play with toys that whirled and wizzed, clicked and buzzed. Grandma mostly has cool pans to bang, new toys were a definite draw. She loved the horsey ride on the porch! I had fun getting to know some of the ladies and their kids from the American Embassy.

If you are interested in seeing pictures of my parent's home here in Jordan, check out my web album...click here

Comments

love that hat! so cute! Your dad is crazy...that water sounds cold!
Jess said…
That hat is soooo flippin cute!!! Oh and thanks for that pattern information - I made her one out of it and it's cute but not as cute as the one you did for her so I'll for sure want your pattern - I'll even pay ya for it :) It was for sure trial by error for me cause I'm a knitter so I had to learn how to crochet online so it took 2 hats but I got it down by then :) Anywho it looks like you girls are having a great time! She is always such a cutie pie! I can't believe how fast she's growin up!

Popular Posts