Shopping in Cheyenne



WOW! We (Alison, Brayden, and Ella; Amelia) started off our President's Day driving the 2 hours to Cheyenne, WY for some shopping. I still can't get over how stinkin' flat everything is around here! The kids watched movies and ate tremendous amounts of snacks while we drove out to Cheyenne, Alison and I got to know each other a little better. She is pretty crazy so watch out (just kidding...mostly).

Our first stop was Hobby Lobby. I've never been to a Hobby Lobby so was quite impressed with their selection of just about every craft you can imagine. I stocked up on yarn, one more 1/2 yard of Easter fabric, and some brads. Then we hit up Big Lots. I was ecstatic to introduce Alison to their wiles. She found huge frames for her newly ordered family pictures for $13.50 per frame. Then we stopped at Once Upon A Kid, sort of like Kid to Kid, a child consignment store. I found brand new gymboree clothes with the tags still on for Amelia. Yipee!!

We had some lunch at Target, then hit Kohls, Ross, and TJ Maxx. Phew! Just typing about all those stores makes me tired all over again. I indulged myself with a Coca-Cola for lunch. It was just as yummy as I remember...3 months of being "dry" and counting...this did not count. It was a "treat" LOL!! Amelia did surprisingly well. Usually she falls apart after 20 minutes of being in Walmart. I came prepared with about 7 different snacks for her to try.

In Kohls, their family bathroom included a child-sized potty. Amelia was REALLY intrigued. So I stripped her down and sat her on the cold seat. That shocked enough to want to jump back up. Poor thing was wailing but managed to squeeze a drop of pee out. I made a HUGE deal out of that. She seemed pretty proud especially when I let her flush the toilet. Flushing is off limits at home if she doesn't make a deposit first. I really hope potty training is around the corner. She is showing a tiny amount of interest but mostly brushes off the idea. We barely made it home in time for Alison to pick up her two older kids from a school sponsored play day.

Amelia managed to spill half a bag of popcorn all over her side of the car right after we went to Big Lots. I spent the evening vacuuming the car and putting away my new precious purchases. Shopping so far away sure puts the curb on impulse buying. That is a good thing...right??

Comments

HIL-AIR-IOUS pictures! YIKES...car shots are the goofiest!
I had a blast, and yes I can be crazy! Did I scare you? :)

Thanks for driving and being such a great person to hang out with for the entire day! I totally enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other better!

And...the frames were only $12.50 each! YEAH for a good deal!
Taylor's said…
Holy cow - I would have been like the kids - asleep in the car - good for you getting out and about - I wish I would have known you were soo close (okay not really but you know what I mean) I would have met you there!

Popular Posts