Valentine's Day with Daddy





We celebrated our Valentine's Day on Friday due to Justin traveling to Canada. Last year we had a fun time visiting Justin at work then going to lunch. Repeating that visit made this a new tradition. Amelia and I made sugar cookies for his coworkers. I hate most frosting, so I decided to avoid powered sugar based frosting. Instead I made the same topping used on fruit pizza, a whipped cream, cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar confection; this time I added raspberry flavoring. It was delicious. I think we frosted our tongues as much as the cookies. Amelia had a delightful time getting messy and using her creative flair. She requested purple, pink, and orange frosting with heart sprinkles.

Poor Phillip was running a slight fever all day due to teething. You can see how happy he was! After Amelia passed out cookies to the ladies present we chilled at Daddy's "work house." Justin LOVES the twilight series (just kidding), my prank gift was a tin of candies supporting camp Jacob. We lunched at Pizza Hut's buffet. It was hard not to totally pig out on all the pizza. Justin came home with a potted yellow Mum plant. It will go in the yard once the weather warms up! In the meantime we are loving the bright yellow blooms.

My awesome friend, Catherine, her husband Jeff and two daughters, Malisia and Kate arrived late Friday night for a short visit. Catherine works long hours as a nurse so rarely has time off. I am so grateful they drove all the way out here for such a short visit.

Comments

The Funny Farm said…
I'm needing to taste that delicious confection!!! Can you post it or email it to me please? I don't usually like powdered sugar frosting either; however, the one I made this year was really yum, a little butter rum flavoring was MMMmwwwwaaa!

Popular Posts