Utah Trip Installment 2



Monday morning was very relaxing. John bought a drum set so entertained us with some fun groovy beats. Justin went to lunch with a friend from KPMG. We met Miekka, Seth, Jacob, and Lia at Ikea after lunch. I wanted some organization ideas for our basement. One day I want to install some cubes and cabinets for all the toys and art supplies. I want the option of hiding and rotating the toys to keep the kiddos in constant suspense. It was very hard to focus with all the super fun ideas. Justin and I drooled over the desks and couches. I really wanted to buy Amelia an art easel but our space is limited. Mia melted the last few minutes, we ended up nearly leaving Miekka in the store. Mia was asleep within two minutes once we buckled her into the car. Justin visited the Alpine Cabela's store for 45 minutes while I drove around with the sleeping kids. He is now collecting hats from each store location.

We had a nice family dinner. Mom made more scrumptious bread with the leftover mashed potatoes from the previous evening. John made a spectacular spaghetti sauce. He saucily hid carrots and other veggies in the sauce. I have to do that all the time to get Mia her veggies. When we walked into the house after Ikea Amelia yelled, "Mom! Grandma Debbie made me spaghetti!" She wanted to eat it right then and there. That girl loves her spaghetti. One of her favorite books is "I Love Spaghetti." We ended up giving her a small bowl of sauce to eat. The Lances came over for dinner. They were full of fun details after their Disneyland trip. Miekka organized a fun treasure hunt their first day at Disneyland. Little Lia is just scrumptious! Jacob was enthralled with Phillip, a BOY baby. Jana requested a picture of all the kids. I loved Jacob's expressions in the series. Enlarge the collage to get a close up of his cute expressions. Phillip is such a happy little guy. I added some applesauce to his rice cereal during dinner. He about flipped with excitement! His legs were working up and down with each little bite. Phillip is making awesome progress learning how to swallow from a spoon.

Miekka and I enjoyed talking fabric with Courtenay. She is sewing up a storm making appliques, a cute quilt, curtains, and a slew of cute baby projects. Her little belly is super cute. We are so excited to meet little baby Lance in July. I will make a *special* trip to photograph the newest installment.

Comments

Popular Posts