Amelia's Ballet Recital

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Houston: we have a performer. Yep, the results are in. Amelia is a total performer! Her first ballet recital was this afternoon. Yesterday she had a dress rehearsal in full costume. As I took her into the auditorium she stopped, gaping at the stage, "Mom, THAT is a real stage. All I need is a microphone and music. Think of all the beautiful things I could do." Hilarious! Mrs Margaret was a bit cranky, showing off her mean side. Most of the girls danced without much expression or emotion. That made me a bit sad because I know how much my girl loves to dance. Amelia's class went first. She did really well! On our walk home she told me that her eyelashes kept getting tangled together. I wish my lashes were as long and dark as hers.
Justin and I went to see the new Avenger's movie. It was amazing. I liked it better than Hunger Games. I wish the same director had also directed the other Avenger character movies.
Today was the recital. The theme was "A Year of Seasons." Amelia and her class danced a song in honor of Mother's Day: A Present for Mama. We left Everett at home (gasp) napping for 25 minutes while we went to the recital. Justin left with Phillip right after Amelia finished her dance. Phillip loved the dancing and music. He was quite enthusiastic when Amelia finally showed up on stage. She smiled in our direction, for my obviously large camera. Phillip and Amelia waved at each other until the music started. So cute! After the recital she was in raptures over the older girls who "danced almost as good as angels." Way to go Miss Mia!

Comments

Courtenay Beth said…
Okay, soooo cute! I love all of her darling comments! Such a doll! Just so you know, I don't always comment but i sure love reading all your adventures, and before bed is when I usually read them, so I try to keep John filled in on cute pictures and happenings :) love you!
So adorable, Jenni. I think we all knew Mia would be a performer! :)
Madison Grunig said…
She looks like a graceful little thing, and such a poser! Funny girl.
what, she likes to perform? :) So cute, so sad we couldn't make it! Looks like she really loves it!

Popular Posts