Chalk

 
 
 
 
 


I have a love/hate relationship with sidewalk chalk. The idea is super cool but the result is messy. Amelia is in the pink phase of her art career. She colored a huge swatch of sidewalk pink, using 4 large pieces of chalk. It was so pink that footprints were all over the place too. Pink chalk covered little hands, toes, feet, legs, face, hair, clothing. Chalk also does not wash out very well. Still the joy and precious moments of concentration are worth ruined clothing. I think my kids look even more adorable covered in chalk dust! Waiting for the cousins to come home from school was torture most days. I pulled out my sewing machine (yep, I brought it) and made two personalized onesies, 4 baprons, fixed Amelia's skirt, and some baby headbands. I also finished some crochet projects. Can't wait to share the cuteness!!!

Comments

Missa said…
I couldn't resist clicking on the bapron button. What a cute and inspiring idea! I just finished up aprons for the girls and Caleb. They are super cute (the girls have ruffles), but I decided to make my own bias tape to finish them off. The original pattern was different. So, seeing it on the bapron made me think--hey, I could do that. Oh wait, I can't start a new project until I forget what a pain this one was. :) Thanks for so many cute ideas to dream about!

Popular Posts