Returning Home

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




Monday we spent most of the day with Mom and the boys. Jared and his friend, Peter, got quite the work out entertaining my kids. I spent most of the morning organizing and packing the van for our trip home. Miekka and kids came over for a while to play and visit. The kids and I had Cafe Rio with Alan, Melinda, and their son. Alan and I were hired at DWS the same time. We went through quite a bit during our journey at work. He is amazing! There was so much to chat about that dinner went by way to fast. I hurried back to Mom's to take some missionary photos of soon to be Elder Jeremy Lance. He looked the part: handsome and ready to serve! The kids and I said good bye then headed to the airport to pick up Grandma Call. Her flight was 90 minutes late so we just kept driving to Charity's home. Kenny picked up Grandma from the airport while I put my cranky kids to bed.

Tuesday was a blur of activity with cousins playing. It was nice to visit with Grandma Diana. The kids showed off all their amazing skills. Amelia even massaged Grandma's back and feet. Libby with shopping with me to Home Goods, Michaels, and Emergency Essentials for last minute stuff. We ordered pizza for dinner. I reserved a hotel in Rock Springs for that night. Right before leaving I decided to take some photos of Reagan and Mason. Mason actually let me! That was momentous. I drove off into the sunset at 6:20 pm. The drive to Rock Springs was totally uneventful as planned.

Everett would not settle down with us to sleep. I put him on the floor after he wiggled for 30 minutes. Around midnight I found him under the bed, at 3 am he was sunggled inside the end table. Ah! The joys of locomotion. Right after breakfast we met with Laurie Mason's daughter-in-law, Jennifer, and her son Lincoln (7 mths). It was stinkin' cold outside. We drove to a park and I took some cute photos of little Lincoln. His daddy is a hunter so the deer hat and camo set up was pretty funny.

We left Rock Springs at 9:45 am. It still took us until 5:20 pm to get back to Sidney. Everett, Phillip, and I had a nasty bout of intestinal issues. I had to stop and change diapers about every 30-60 minutes. Justin arrived home from work right behind us. Took the kids a second to react but once they did Justin got a huge welcome home. Within moments the house was a tangled clutter of stuff, toys, and joy over being HOME. Justin played with the kids most of the evening while I unpacked and such. I am proud to say most everything was unpacked and finished before bedtime.

Neleigh came over to watch the kids Wednesday while I fininshed unpacking and organizing. Justin had a company picnic at noon that we went to. Amelia can walk a balance beam very well! Two new accountants joined the team with in the last couple weeks. Both are LDS and fresh out of school. We visited with one family at the picnic.

Everett decided to mostly wean himself. He gained about 2 pounds in the last week or so drinking whole milk. I love seeing him on the ground sucking away until the last drop is gone...my favorite...the sigh when he finishes. Dang. The best part is wearing normal tops instead of the nursing ones. I HATE the nursing tops with a passion.  

Comments

Popular Posts