Back to School Outfits

 
 
 
 
 
Tuesday I had a hankering to try out my new portable battery. The kids were obvious guinea pigs! What do you think of Amelia's back school outfits? After the photos I made a matching headband for the middle outfit and then trashed the last shirt. I made a new shirt with a rounded yoke. It looks MUCH better. Sunday I finished one more outfit! This time we went out to the newly blooming sunflower fields to get some more photos.

I really struggled this week for some reason. I made some stupid mistakes that hurt a good friends feelings. I had a week feeling like a terrible mother, friend, and daughter of God. Stinks when you make mistakes. Thank goodness for forgiveness and repentance. In regard to the kids they are fighting more and more. I rediscovered a quote in the August Ensign that struck a chord with me:

Quoting President Marion G. Romney (1897–1988), First Counselor in the First Presidency, President Benson said: “I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. … Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.

We read the Book of Mormon, maybe not as prayerfully as we should. Seems most of the time our reading is quite chaotic with Bedlamites running about. Made a new initiative to study the Book of Mormon better by myself as well. I was getting lazy! Blush.

I am not sure this was mentioned: Phillip is talking in sentences! Hooray! The sentences are quite primitive, like, "I thirsty, me, milk/I find my shoe/get my monkey." Still! Progress. The other day he was looking at the digital photo frame when a photo of him came up. He yelled, "Mom, it's my ME!" Made me laugh. Whenever we get in the car he thinks we are going to McDonalds. Honestly, we don't go that often but the trips we do make are impressionable.

Comments

cute outfits....I keep forgetting take pics of the many, many outfits I made for Ella. I also did 9 shirts for the boys :)

Popular Posts