Utah Part 2

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I tried to convince myself that getting to church was too much of a hassle with three kids, in a new place, and such. Then I remembered that even most Catholics go to church on Christmas and Easter. I could not let that best me. We made it to Sacrament meeting at the same ward building James and Miekka attend. Goodness, trying to wrestle two active boys is quite exhausting. Everett squirted me with half a bottle of apple juice, Phillip spit half chewed up fruit snacks into my hand, and Everett earned a carpet burn on his chest after trying to bear his testimony for the fifth time. I lasted for 55 minutes! On the drive down the kids and I talked about the importance of Easter and sang some primary songs. We enjoyed a quiet (laughing) Easter with the Lances. Meikka and I hid the Easter baskets while the kids jumped on the trampoline. Phillip managed to leak poop on the playroom carpet at some point. I rarely saw the kids while they amused themselves with Miekka plethora of awesome toys. James quite outdid himself (again) with a smoked ham for dinner. The Henderson's trekked out to Eagle Mountain with the rest of the dinner sides, salad, funeral potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and dessert. After dinner Miekka, Marrissa and I threw eggs out on the back lawn for an easy Easter egg fight. The excitement was over in less than 5 minutes, 5 minutes more found gummy and sugary kids running hysterically around the house. Gotta love the sugar rush.
 
Monday dawned with a gray sky and rain. Amy came over with Annika and Abby for the afternoon. I took some photos of Abby with only the available window light. Miekka made fettuccine for the kids and put a movie on at lunch. All the kids were seated at the table watching and eating with rapt attention. Amy watched the kids while Miekka and I went to Costco, Hobby Lobby, and Mod Bod. I convinced Amy to stay for dinner and eat the best meal of her life. A month or so ago I made tacos for dinner. Amelia said: "mom, I usually don't like your cooking, but these tacos are amazing!" Little stinker. I made tacos for everyone. My feet were quaking in my shoes that Amelia would approve of this week's tacos (yeah, right sweetie). Since it was April Fools Miekka pulled a funny trick for FHE. She made brown "E"s for treat. Har-de-har. Miekka and I stayed up and watched half of the new Les Mis movie. Tuesday we braved spring break crowds to play at the only McD near by with a play area. It was worth getting out and playing on another cold and blustery day. The weather cleared up a bit towards evening so I took the kids to Neptune Park. I am loving all the new parks with fun and challenging play equipment. Seth pretended to slice off Phillip's ear with a light saber. Phillip was frantically looking for his lost ear. I had no idea what he was talking about! I finally figured out what happened and helped Phillip get his ear back from Seth. We headed to Mom and Dad's home Wednesday morning.  

Comments

Popular Posts