Settling Back Home

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We are home! I felt like there was a lot to get done now that the baby will arrive in about 6-8 weeks. Tuesday I got all the trip stuff washed and put away...a minor miracle. We went swimming on Tuesday since Everett took a nap from 10:30-1:30. Wednesday my DR wondered when I would stop being a boring pregnant lady! LOL. Better boring than interesting! I photographed another little baby, the grandbaby of a good friend. Since all my studio stuff was out I spent the next day organizing props into my new closet Justin installed under the basement stairs.  Amelia noticed a fun pirate wading pool at Family Dollar, we got that and spent several hours playing pirates. Next I organized and cleaned the storage room and basement. Somehow I also edited all the photos from our trip, except one session by Saturday. Friday and Saturday my big project was tackling the kid's room. The new bunkbeds arrived on Thursday. I removed everything from the closets and pretty much touched everything in both rooms. We made several trips to Salvation Army to donate stuff. Justin assembled the beds Saturday evening. I cannot believe we got that mammoth project completed. I think 24 days of strange sleeping arrangements helped the kids transition into sleeping in one room. They went right to sleep last night! Hooray for small victories.

Comments

holy smokes! whirlwind trip, still can't believe you were gone for 24 days. I feel like our 5-7 day trips are forever long. lol

looks fun and exhausting!! Welcome home!
Unknown said…
Glad you made it safely home. And sometimes boring is a good thing. :)

Only 6-8 weeks?! Wish I was there to help you more but it looks like you're getting things done.

Popular Posts