Slurp, slurp

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Goodness! So many fun reports to make this week. I made a concentrated effort to record funny episodes this week. Honestly, they happen about 20 times a day so I forget to write them down. Most seem funny in the moment and are context related.

Sunday the girls matched outfits for church. Oh. My. Goodness. Be still my crafty heart. Evelyn wore a cute crocheted sweater that now looks like a perfect little bolero jacket on her. I love how chubby she is looking. Amelia of course is about the most gorgeous little girl I know. She knows it too! Folks keep telling me how gorgeous she is and how much she looks like me. Honestly, I don't see it! I heard some slurping sounds after dinner. I found little Evelyn sucking on her left fist with her right arm extended and flapping by her side. She was so excited that her fist stayed where she put it. Her eyes were huge as she sucked and enjoyed her fingers.

Monday we enjoyed a wonderful FHE on gratitude. The kids actually listened to Justin's lesson. We use the Nursery manual for most of our lessons. He kicked in the LDS.org video on the 10 Lepers and a couple Primary songs. I made root beer cookies for dessert and did the activity. The kid tore apart two boxes, their poor remains littered the living room. We cleaned up the room before our lesson, teaching that cleanliness helps us feel the spirit better. I used part of the mangled boxes for our art project. We are working on a gratitude tree through Thanksgiving. I love helping the kids write thankful leaves to add to the tree. Everett and Phillip really enjoyed cutting and gluing whatever was in reach. Amelia made me laugh when she said, "I will get that stag...that means super fast!"

Tuesday I took my brood to the immunization clinic for flu shots and Evelyn's 2 mth immunization. The clinic had extra flu shots so I got mine too. Yipee. I was prepared for 4-5 days of cranky babies. Yep, never happened! I am not sure if the D-TaP shot I got while pregnant helped stave off the usual reactions or not. Everett got his HEP-A while we were there as well. The two little cried, Everett was quickly soothed with a lollipop. I popped two ice packs on Evelyn's injections as soon as the nurse finished. Thanks to my mom for that advice, that seems to localize the injections. Justin posted a comment on FB about immunizations that went a bit crazy. The heavy metal argument was commented on several times. Spenser (Justin's brother) made me laugh when he said that there is more heavy metals in breast milk and broccoli...so the government should ban breast feeding and vegetables. Makes me sad that parents are choosing not to immunize anymore. Ugly sicknesses are making a resurgence.

Wednesday it was almost 70 outside during the afternoon. It was so nice I finally decided to work on the carrots. Phillip and Everett were is heaven with a bucket full of water and dirty carrots. I manned them with the task of brushing off the carrots with dish scrubbers. I peeled about 300 carrots. After dinner we had a family carrot party. We all processed the carrots, stuffed them into freezer bags, and sealed the bags. I love making these moments! The best part is that the kids absolutely love working along side us. We visited the park soon after school to ride bikes around the park until sunset. Drives me crazy how early the sun sets around here. Amelia only has about an hour to play outside before the sun goes down. I made an amazing beef stroganoff for dinner with garden fresh carrots on the side. Yummers.

After school on Thursday the kids and I went to 'Belas to birthday shop for Justin's presents. Phillip found a fishy hat right away. He plopped it on his head...he thought that was the best present for his wonderful daddy. He almost cried when I made him put it back. Instead we settled on new work shirts, casual shirts, and gummy worms. Now I feel bad for putting the fish hat back. It was pretty darn funny.

Happy birthday to Justin! He turned 38 years old this year. Hooray! He stayed home from work. I took the kids to school while he snuggled with Everett and slept in. We had school lunch with Amelia. Evelyn stole the show! Even Mr Jeffers, the principal, took a long turn holding her. We enjoyed recess with the kids. I love how curious kids are about little babies. Everett and Phillip mostly played on the seesaw and with the tetherballs. Justin got his gear assembled for deer hunting early Saturday morning. I had a photo session after school. We celebrated his birthday with a steak dinner at Dude's steak house. I was a lame wife and did not wrap his gifts. We hid the gifts around the living room instead for Justin to find. Hide and seek huge right now. I made marshmallow brownies using Diana's recipe. After singing Happy Birthday and blowing candles about 12 times we enjoyed some birthday brownies.

Justin left around 4 am for a day of deer hunting. He was back home at 11 after twisting his ankle. The deer were hiding and not wandering about. Darn it. I took the kids out to lunch at Subway. Phillip wore his bumblebee costume, he burst into the restaurant transformer style: with a roar and ninja kick. Course the huge helmet made the effect hilarious. We went to Walmart to cruse the toy aisles. Amelia was worried about choosing something to ask Santa for. She did not find anything amazing...yet. Phillip and Everett only found about 20 toys each. Phillip tried to fill the cart with his 20 picks. Nice try buddy.

Amelia and Phillip looked so grown up participating in their Primary program today. Amelia delivered her part perfectly memorized: "I have agency and I am responsible for my choices. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to make good choices and receive the blessings of those choices." All the little sunbeams whispered their parts just like their teacher whispered into their ears. It was pretty cute. All the children were super reverent. With only Everett and a sleeping Evelyn in our pew I actually felt the spirit not just once...but twice. Hallelujah folks! Just a note to remember Phillip's amazing sunbeam teacher. He was reluctant to get dressed and go to church a few months ago. His new teacher is so amazing. She loves the kids and always has a fun time with them. Phillip comes home from church with a fun art project, a little lesson, and a snack to boot. He sure loves Sister Uhl. I hope his next teacher is as exciting. She epitomizes the phrase "fulfill your calling." Lately, Amelia is making some awesome decisions on her own. She decided to cut up tomatoes for dinner this evening. She let Phillip sit in the coveted chair for dinner after he threw a crying fit. When I ask her to get something or do something she often responds positively instead of whining. Oh blessed child! I love watching her grow and learn.

I posted my Canon 7D camera kit on several local for sale pages on FB. Some of the responses have me laughing. One lady asked if I would trade my kit for something. Out of curiosity I asked what she had in mind. She wanted to trade a tanning bed for my camera kit. ROFL!! I put firm after the asking price. The first comment was will you sell it for $200?! What?! Another lady responded the $200 bid with, "why do you want a camera, you won't even be able to turn it on, much less take a photo." I am hoping to sell my kit and get a 70-200mm 2.8 zoom lens for sale here locally. Drooling!

Other funnies of the week:

Mooooooom, those are snocks, I mean not socks. Silly laughing, I am wearing snights today. 

Knock knock
Who is there?
Orange
Orange who? 
Banana split
Huh?! Kids trying to master jokes is pretty hilarious. 

Phillip got a small bowl and put three small balls in it. He sat on the bowl, bock-bocked a couple times, flapped his arms then jumped up. He exclaimed: "I a chicken! I lay eggs!"

Everett laid on the floor yelling for 'piderman to come save him. Phillip, dressed as batman with a batman mask runs over and flops on Everett. Everett heartily exclaims, thank you 'piderman!! Phillip says, my pleasure!
 
Phillip smeared hemorrhoid cream on his chin. He thought it was Neosporin.
 

Comments

Popular Posts