Turning 38, August 5th 2015















Before I get to my birthday on Wednesday let me review the first two days of our week. Monday it was quite nice outside. I told the boys we would play at the park after we picked up Mia from a play date with Katelyn. As usual, I was running behind schedule so we only had 20 minutes to play at the park. Amelia tattled on Phillip as we pulled up that he made a mess with his applesauce. I handed him a wipe to clean up the mess. Soon the wipe was passed back up front completely full of applesauce. I made the kids get out and play. Oh man, he squeezed two full apple sauce packets on the back of Amelia's seat, his rain boots, rain coat, and the newly cleaned carpet...honorable mention goes to his window and seat pockets. Took about 20 wipes to clean up the mess. On one hand I was pretty annoyed with his bad decisions...on the other hand glad to finally get my Phillip boy back to feeling more normal. Amelia and I cut out a cute pink owl and a cute baby doll for Evelyn's birthday. We enjoyed sewing the dolls together. Amelia sewed about 85% of her owl together by herself. She even cut the pattern pieces out after I pinned the pattern to the fabric.

Tuesday morning I had my 12 week prenatal visit. Dr Shaw and I mostly visited about school and sports. We listened to baby number 5 and soon I was on my way after some blood drawings. I had a babysitter at home so did a little shopping on my own. He he he.

Wednesday morning Amelia woke up and gave me the pink owl we sewed together. She was so pleased about tricking me into sewing a gift up for myself. Wink. I was pleased with her enthusiasm. Justin and Jen (rubbish room lady) got me a new storage cabinet for the living room toys in a cool mustard color. The kids and I got up early to meet Gina and Megan for a day of hiking and exploring the Wild Cat Hills. It was super humid and hot by 9 am up there, the car thermometer read 95 degrees. Phew. The kids lasted about 25 minutes for a short hike along the overgrown nature trail. The kids spent the next hour playing in the visitor's center. Evelyn's favorite toy was a working phone that talked to her. Even Phillip seemed to have more energy than usual. We enjoyed a picnic lunch outside in the shade. We caravaned to Dairy Queen in Kimball for my yearly butterscotch cone. I still don't understand why our local DQ can't get butterscotch dip, all the other DQ's around us do! Still it is a 45 minute drive just for a cone. We arrived home in time for an afternoon at the swimming pool. We enjoyed the last day of the Sidney Pool. We stayed until a rainstorm closed the pool at 4:30. I requested a dinner at Sam and Louie's for pizza and salad. Justin brought home a pretty bouquet of yellow, green, and orange roses! I love me some flowers. After the kids went to bed Justin and I snuck out to see the new Mission Impossible movie. Kelly came over to sit while the kids slept. I enjoyed the movie with my sweetie. We came home to find Evelyn passed out on the couch with Kelly and Zane. Little stinker! Justin and I decided to make an impromptu trip to Utah while we were at the movie...leaving the next day.

Amelia finally got her teacher assignment in the mail. She will have a Mrs Plant for her 3rd grade teacher.

Comments

Popular Posts