Ballet Baby











Spring break continued this week through Monday. Bahama Bucks ran a special that was hard to pass up...so we went. The kids chose their flavors and quite enjoyed their treat. I had to talk Phillip out of ordering pickle juice and root beer. Blech. I had piano lessons in the afternoon like usual. We had cousins over plus Ronald and Chloe. It was quite the full house. The boys made a base out in the yard with chairs, snacks, drinks, and weapons. They played hard. I made a menu (finally) listing dinner for the week. The kids seem to love it, like a lot! Such a simple thing.


Josie started ballet lessons at our local community center. She was thrilled to don a tutu, leotard, and slippers. Her class studies ballet and tap. I think she is by far the youngest one in her class. Josie was not thrilled I left but she stemmed her tears and thoroughly enjoyed herself.  She talks non-stop now about her ballet! The boys started karate classes on Friday, we were late so no photos this week. Josie was upset the boys had class in the same room she had ballet, could not understand why she could not stay to dance. Both boys were thrilled to learn the first 4 positions of self-defense. They got a kick that one position is Roku, the same name as our TV box. After ballet we headed to the park for a couple hours. Josie had a monopoly on the swing. I showed her how to do airplane on her belly. She only left the swings for a couple forays to the climbing area and slide while another kid took a turn on the swing. Gabi amused herself tasting all the wood chips she snuck by my notice.

Gabi is on the move! She is crawling and pulling herself up to stand. I had her nap on Evelyn's bed, put her towards the wall, she rolled the entire length still staying swaddled up! I had visions of her rolling off so I watched her sleep for an hour. Guess we now need a pack and play or use the floor. We love her funny patch of long hair, she looks like a cute troll.

Wednesday was quite a warm day so I filled the wading pool for the kids to enjoy after school. It's not warm enough to fill the big pool yet, I imagine within a month it will be! I enjoyed sewing two pinafore dresses for the little girl's Easter dresses. My serger is not functioning correctly, I've had it serviced twice since we moved here. I about chucked it out the window. I don't sew enough to earn a new one...but gah! It's annoying to have one that does not work properly. Laura Webster came over for help sewing up summer rompers for her daughter. We also headed to Walmart vision center for new glasses for Mia. Her lenses are scratched beyond repair after a year of use. Our insurance only covers new frames every two years, how?! So annoying. Phillip just broke his glasses just a bit ago. Those lasted a good 6 months. The kids looked quite silly trying on all the glasses.

Saturday Mia hosted American Girl book club. The girls read a Samantha book this month. They enjoyed making tissue paper flowers and going on a scavenger hunt. Only two other girls were able to come this month. Boo. Still we got the house cleaned up. Justin took the rest of the kids out to the park to play and ride bikes for an hour. I took Amelia and Evelyn to the crazy SAS Fabric store. I wanted to find a coordinating fabric to make an Easter dress for Mia. Somehow I pulled a magical length of knit from a towering pile of knits, it matched perfectly! Now I cannot wait to sew up all the knit twirl dresses I can. Since we were out the girls also got much needed hair trims. Much better. Towards bedtime I finally got word about a twin bed I inquired on to purchase used. Amelia went with me to pick up the bed. We have plans to switch Josie and Amelia in preparation for next school year.

I had an interesting doctor appointment with Wendy Nielsen from our ward. I want to switch clinics from the one I use now to something cheaper. Wendy specializes in natural hormone therapy and other treatments. She listened carefully to what I had to say! Seems like she will be able to help me out at a fraction of the cost. Phew. She even suggested I get my heart tested out since my history of fainting could be quite detrimental to my heart. Josie had to bring her pink pool floatie along to the appointment. She pretended to be a baby bird for the hour long visit.

Comments

Popular Posts