Way too Busy

 


This week was extra busy. I photographed Shelby Wannacott's wedding to Jack Davis Thursday and Friday this week. Before that I needed to wade through all the photos I took in Utah and edit at least Jana and Nadia's sessions before Thursday. In between photo editing I had multiple school meetings for Josie and Amelia, laundry, feeding kids, and regular chores. I am pooped. 

Monday my back was hurting something fierce, too many nights sleeping off my bed and in a tent. Josie went with me to get my crack-a-lack treatment. Right after that she had a kindergarten assessment, alone. She was nervous right up to the time we drove up. Then she hopped out of the van and skipped up to one of the teachers. So proud of my littlest big girl. 

Wednesday Amelia and I headed to Columbia HS to register her for classes. She was excited to take an extra elective class since she met all her 9th grade requirements. She opted to retake Algebra 1 and Science. Her classes this year are: Algebra 1, Intro to Business, Seminary, Social Dance/Health, Choir, Zoology/Botany, Art, and English. Thursday she went back for Freshman Orientation. She reported there was a tour and lots of information about the school and cool programs they offer. 

Thursday went by in super speed mode. I woke up running! Amelia went to the salon for a hair cut and a couple more highlights. I sped over to Walmart to get shirts for the boys and melatonin. I was so excited to score Phillip 4 pairs of jeans for $20, I can't even thrift jeans at that price.  The night before I found a set of twin beds, mattresses, and box springs for $250. The girls won't sleep in the top bunk for some odd reason. They wanted to un-bunk their beds for months. The lady selling the set was about 35 minutes away, once I arrived we loaded up the beds and I ratcheted it all down. Last step: pay the lady. I paid her and she immediately said it was $250 per bed set. Yeah, that information was noted in small print on the photo not the posting. I argued for a bit and started to unload the stuff. She was not budging either since I was the one who can't read. The entire situation felt awkward. I just paid $220 more as a "compromise," she had the audacity to ask if I wanted to buy any more of her over-priced stuff. The boys helped me unload after my fuming drive home. I immediately picked up Mia then went home to snatch some lunch.  Sara drove Mia to orientation after she told me it was not necessary for me to attend. I stayed and fixed the little girl's hair. Josie's scalp revealed a gross spot of dandruff. I ended up scraping her scalp than showering both girls. Yuck. I picked up Mia on our way to Nancy's home in New Plymouth. The rest of our afternoon and evening was a whirlwind of family fun. The Adams family KNOWS how to throw a party. Family photos came right before the party started. Shelby's reception theme was Carnival. Lots of fun food for the guests like ice cream, cotton candy, sno cones, caramel corn, popcorn, and water. Scattered around the yard were fun carnival games. My kids took turns using my spare camera to capture their view of the reception. I found a slew of butt photos Josie took! The flies were absolutely terrible. The temperature hovered around 100 with some humidity. I enjoyed catching up with Matt, Michael, Glen, Denise, and other cousins. We stayed for family dinner with the flies. I desperately needed a cold treat...like a raspberry shake, it was a perfect end for a busy day. 

Friday Evelyn and I spent the morning at the Meridian Temple. Evelyn dressed up in her *other* more comfortable baptism dress. We brought along her scripture case and new CTR ring for some Idaho baptism photos. A horse farm is right below the temple, it was quite entertaining to watch the horse and riders train around the course. Shelby and Jack came early enough to take wedding photos. Then as folks arrived I took family photos. While everyone was in the temple Evelyn and I took a couple more photos and enjoyed the temple waiting room. I enjoyed spending all that time one the temple grounds with her. Friday evening Justin and I made the bedroom changes for the little girls and Amelia. Amelia now has the twin over full bunk in her room. She plans to use the top bunk for a study center. The girls now have two cute beds, Phillip suggested the current layout of the beds. Josie and Evelyn said they slept very well in their new beds. I was concerned Josie would roll out of bed, her legs were off the bed but she stayed on her bed all night. Another plus is now Justin and I aren't trapped between two girls snuggling us, it's hard to get out without someone waking up. I still have a load of cleaning and organizing to finish up but that will be for another day and time.  

Justin and I attended our first temple session at the Boise temple by appointment! We were able to go back in December but this was our first in Idaho. There is not much better than sitting in a peaceful temple, close to God. I found a Korean wings "dive" of a restaurant for lunch. It was not Bon Chon, but still better than nothing. The rest of the day was a blur of editing. Justin took the kids bowling for a couple hours while I edited Evelyn's baptism photos. I really need to get those ordered and in the mail. We had a fancy dinner of charcuterie and hummus at home. 

I was released as Activity Days Leader and called to serve as the Primary Chorister. Sara organized Sunday Primary with only one session of singing time. I love that. Along with my busy week I volunteered to speak in church. Most of the time I don't really think about the repercussions, it was a hard week to volunteer. Brother Finch asked me to speak about cultivating and maintaining relationships in our ward. That was a fun topic for me as I've experienced quite a few different wards/branches in my lifetime.  After church Sister Whiting said she texted the Stake President about my talk and asked him to have me speak in conference. Ummmm, yikes....cool. 

Jana and Rudy are heavily on my mind this week. Without saying too much, just pray for those two! Justin and I had quite the conversation on Monday. Relationships are hard, they can pull your heart strings to the breaking point...and then somehow repair and bring joy. It is a constant ebb of joy and pain. Sometimes the Lord calls on us to stay in impossible situations for the good of children, maybe for their spouse, or maybe just because the lesson is now over.  Let's all practice a measure of grace with ourselves and each other. 

On a good note: Grandma Jean is back home! Yay!!!

Comments

Popular Posts