Read Across America

 







This week was gratefully very boring. The kids all went to school. That in itself was red-letter, noteworthy. The elementary kids celebrated Read Across America this week, what used to be Dr Seuss's birthday. Heaven forbid we only celebrate one author. Each day the kids could dress up. Everett and Evelyn was psyched for Silly Day. They wore every strange idea and combination they could imagine before school started. Everett piled on many pairs of underwear to being, then added about 5 layers. He later removed the underwear because it was quite uncomfortable! Josie was not keen to dress "weirdly" like the other two. After school Everett reported that no one else dressed crazy, at least at my kid's level. Most only wore mismatching socks, lame! Way to be strange! Monday was certainly the best day, the other days were: wear a hat, favorite sports team (I had my kids wear Dr Suess hats/clothes), favorite character, and favorite color(s). Josie fell during recess one day, she got quite the skid mark on her back. 

I am working to clean my over-worked external hard drive...still. It is slow work but each day I pare down the files and organize what I want to keep. One frustrating aspect is the available memory is STILL showing as 35% free. That is not possible considering the 100's of GB trashed each day. 

Friday I spent $200 to get a button out of the piano keyboard. The tech had to dismantle the entire top portion, I was happy to not mess with the electronics. The girls enjoyed much needed haircuts. Josie went first and requested her hair cut to her shoulders. She decided long hair is not worth the painful brushing. Evelyn opted to get about 2 inches off the bottom. Amelia only had 1/2 removed but about a pound of hair thinned from the rest of her hair. Strangely, her hair looks the same but is half the volume! She can manage a ponytail now without straining her hair ties. 

Justin and I enjoyed a date night with shrimp tacos, quesadillas, and yummy Mexican food. We quite enjoyed the live entertainment! Lots of talking about current events, kids, and this coming summer. June is going to be crazzzzzzzy. 

Saturday Justin and I went to the temple, finally! He rescheduled this trip like 3 times over the past 6 weeks. We focused on getting some washings and anointings done, especially for Esther and her husband. one lady in my family tree was Willie (Billie) Greenlee. What a fun name. The kids and I went to the rec center for an afternoon of swimming. I found goggles at the kids consignment store, we had to try those out of course. I popped a nasty something on Evelyn's leg. She caught mulluscum contagiosum somehow last year, probably from the public pool. Three of her wart things eventually got very infected, it's painful for her. She was brave yesterday while I treated her worst one, with a large infection site. I covered up that sucker with a heavy duty waterproof bandage. The kids helped me outside with some spring cleaning. I trimmed the roses back into smaller aesthetic sizes. Mia and Phillip wrapped up the Christmas lights and put those away.  It's quite refreshing to see the bulb flowers poking up out of the cold ground. Spring is just around the corner. 

**Josie READ me a book! No joke! She is reading decodables already. 
***Evelyn reached her goal of doing a backbend, now to work on her back walkover. 

Comments

Popular Posts