Mother's Day








I went scuba diving! I got to explore the confined depths of the deepest pool at the rec center. It was a boring place to explore, only a couple hairballs, an ear plug, and a few hair bands floated about. Justin kindly picked up a BCD, oxygen tank, and regulator from the dive shop because it has really odd hours, he can pass by on his lunch break. I joined a certification class in their last pool session for a refresher session. Diving is sort of like bike riding, the skills were still buried in my head but came forward when the time came. I must say my new prescription dive mask is so amazing. We practiced removing masks underwater and clearing them. Rescue procedures, fin pivots, rescue breathing with regulators. The best part was ditching all our gear at the bottom of the pool, minus fins, swimming to the surface for air then heading back down to get out gear on in less than a minute! The hardest part was turning the oxygen tank on because you really have to twist that knob a lot to get it fully engaged. I won the game mostly because I couldn't see without my mask so was nearly panicking. The instructor taught us how to blow oxygen circles underwater. I quite enjoyed my time as a mermaid in the rec pool. 

Josie was feeling down because Evelyn is getting more one-on-one time. She accompanied me to Winco on Monday after dinner to refill the candy jar. The teenagers at the dance studio demolished the entire jar, minus the lime tootsie rolls. She really wanted her own makeup after seeing a very expensive eyeshadow palette. I told her we could go look at the dollar store another evening. She did not forget! Reminded me every other minute until we finally went Thursday evening. The girls got stuff to send Jen a "love you" box, make up, and a replenished the tissue paper stock because the Primary kids used it all to make flowers last Sunday. I also snuck into the state liquor store for more vodka, gotta keep that vanilla extract going. My second experience was not as traumatic, breezed in and out in minutes. 

The rest of our week was boring. I worked on mountains of photo editing in between the normal activities of piano teaching, cleaning, and errand running. All the fun end of school activities are gearing up next week. I am volunteering for all the things, the field trips, the track meets, the concerts, and open houses. Next week will be ultra busy with loads of activities. Phillip went to district band festival on Thursday and Friday. He really had a great time! It was hard to sleep he was so excited and nervous. We practiced his rhythms as often as possible. 

Friday Sara and I did a spot of thrifting for trek clothes. I also got my haircut again, it was annoyingly in between long and short, went shorter. 

We family cleaned the loft on Saturday. It was miserable for us all. I was grumpy because the loft was deep cleaned about 3 weeks ago, right after Charity left Everett set up Fort Fort Blanket. From there it went downhill with paper, toys, games, and books added in as kids played. One little girl from our ward told me our house the best place to play because I allow messes. Well, it happens. I don't love the messes at all but realize the importance of play and hate the fighting. Justin worked on cleaning our bedroom and bathroom. It was so nice to scrub all the neglected corners. The kids had a unknown reward to work towards for cleaning the loft. We went bowling, much to their chagrin. Josie asked to go bowling last week so we made it happen this week. Evelyn started the complaining after noticing the snack bar, she was suddenly starving, the granola bars were no competition for her hunger. I found no joy in getting two baskets of fries, little whiner made it feel like a punishment to get a treat. Josie started in whining about getting a quarter to get a tiny rubber duckie she absolutely needed. I should've gone bowling alone. The kids got a Grandpa Lane level lecture on the drive home about gratitude. 

Mother's Day! The kids delivered amazing cute cards and small struggling plants in containers from school. Amelia got me two cute succulents from her choir fundraiser. Justin surprised me with new plates and bowls from my favorite, colorful Pioneer Woman line. The girls also chose bowl covers, a spoon rest, and spatula during the same trip. Evelyn and Justin went to get a bouquet of flowers and a treat last night. My favorite gift was an engraved green floral silicone ring to wear while gardening, vacationing, etc. I am very excited to make Leige Belgium waffles for dinner. Sounds fancy, hopefully tastes delicious. I am so grateful for all the lovely influential women in my life. Justin tells me all the time how much he loves and appreciates me. I am so blessed. 

Comments

Popular Posts