Primary Program 2023




Josie earned student of the week for politeness! She was very excited to eat lunch in my classroom on Friday. We played memory and ate our lunch, then she helped me clean tables after the 1st graders. She was so excited to be line leader all week! Phillip also earned student of the week for 8th grade a few weeks ago, he barely told me last week. 


Feels like there is not much to say! Life is rolling along. Justin had his last day of with Pennant on Friday. I went out to dinner with Justin and the team in between dropping off kids at MCO and picking them up at 7:30. The girls elected to stay in the van alone, rather than hang out with the Youngs. We ate at a swanky place nearby in Eagle. I was not fond of the strange exotic fried “rice.” It was most assuredly fried grains. Justin will miss working with his team, there were a few tears, especially from Morgan. Jennifer (his old boss) chatted with me for a long while about Justin. He did not exactly explain the why’s for leaving. Figuring out who was going with whom was a bit stressful, I’m not supposed to leave kids there at all. I planned on Mia helping drive home, but she remembered last minute about her last Farmstead work party. She somehow won a $50 mini waffle iron with interchangeable design plates. She is thrilled! Prizes were handed out based on how many hours the employee worked, she was in the last group. 


I got to be the primary bread winner for the weekend plus 3 days. That was really fun, glad we aren’t surviving off my pay! We’d never make it. Justin found a “cute” little red car to replace the damaged Hamster Wagon. I immediately named it Quasimoto…it is another hatchback! Had to name it before he threw out girl names like Becky, Michelle, or Karen. Now let’s hope the car is not sold before we can buy it, and hope it doesn’t have any major issues as the car is a 2011. 


Everett is struggling mightily with a bout of depression. He met with Nina last week which helped him quite a bit. He really wanted to attend the temple for baptisms. We made Saturday afternoon for all the older kids work! He was just beaming after we finished. Thank you Everett for the lovely time at the temple. I was very surprised the Baptismal Covenant Prayer changed. It was determined that folk’s spirits don’t die. I love that change. The temple helped him recharge. He is also reducing his screen time, especially at school. This week he spent time drawing in my classroom afterschool. 


Saturday morning Justin took a contingent to the church for our cleaning assignment. I went grocery shopping. Amelia went to the HS for a craft fair. She sold a few crochet potatoes and cute dragons. She and I had a long Friday evening manning concessions for a BB game. I left the work to the 4 students after setting up. I was able to finish emailing out the attire corrections for MCO. That was a hefty task, much more intense than my mind picture. Jenn Spackman enlisted another volunteer to help email half of the parents. She was such a help! I’d still be hacking away at emails for the next two weeks. I am getting email responses now which is another bowl of worms. Seems like the attire gauntlet was too porous! I got 10-15 emails saying their child was present and in attire, but not checked. I emailed back praising those sweet ninja singers who made it through the gauntlet unchecked. That takes talent. I hear concert day is quite intense attire wise with kids showing up in all kinds of creative get ups. Thanks to Mia for letting me focus on that task while working the stand. I was the warm body, the parent overseeing the students. 


Sunday was the Primary Program. I was a bit worried last week because half of the primary kids were absent. Thankfully, a few more showed up this week. Our Primary is quite small! I am so proud the kids sang loud and strong. There are 3-4 strong singers, 2 cute little Sunbeams who sang with their hearts. Evelyn was singing with her whole soul, she captured my attention several times as she sang with expression and joy. Sister Titus commented that those 3 girls singing just captured her heart. Looks like I will be released this next Sunday, I sort of asked for it. Turns out the change was already on Bishop’s radar. I’ve been in Primary for 2.5 years now!     


 

Comments

Popular Posts