National Tennis Day



We had quite a busy President’s Day holiday. The day started out getting prepped for a newborn session and then the actual session. The baby was wide awake but calm! That rarely happens. She was adorable. During the session mom and I were talking, found out her 3 nieces are at Reagan! I was excited to tell the girls about the photo session. I left my photo studio up for Mia to use on two projects she needed to work on. Later in the day we worked on her splash assignment which consisted of dropping strawberries…then a lemon into a clear glass pitcher. She finished the last assignment at 8:45, she had to photograph 16 different emotions. Evelyn made a great subject she has all the expressions. Amelia and Evelyn both had dental appointments to fix their cavities. Evelyn was very brave and went without me. We got McDonalds as a reward for bravery and no school. Amelia’s top lip was quite the source of entertainment, her lip up to her nose was all numb. She amused us all trying to pronounce “b” words, roll her lips, and such. She was laughing so hard we all joined right in. I went to get some fabric with Jessica Digiacomo. We’re planning to sew up an outfit for Mrs Norland’s baby.

We have a neighbor from Southern AZ, every school holiday she makes tamales. Tamale day is Phillip’s favorite day. That kid pounded 9 tamales in less than 3 days, he claims tamales taste best cold right before bed. He came to my classroom on Wednesday with the rest of the bag, perched on my comfy chair and polished the rest off. He likes to think my chair is his chair, he comes just to watch an hour of YouTube or play Cool Math Games. The boys are quite helpful when they come while my last class is still in session. My typing contest ends next week on Thursday! One 4th grade boy went home and FINISHED the entire typing course for the 4th grade, earned almost 7,000 points. I am so proud of all the students for doing their best. 


Everett is struggling something fierce with depression, anxiety, and or hormones. He spent several restless nights, during the day he was so anxious about sleeping that he did not sleep. We had many hugging and snuggling moments as he tried to express his troubles. I advised him to use the mental dryer trick, just fold up that load you are spinning, it’s dry so put it away. Tuesday night Justin gave Everett a powerful Father’s blessing. He was told that guardian angels surround him, ancestors assigned to lift him up, providing protection. Satan’s angels were rebuked and commanded to leave Everett alone. There were many more words said but those stuck out to me. Breaks my heart to hear about his struggles at school, feelings he can’t place, and rushes of “icky” premonitions that seem to have no source. 


Wednesday Amelia and I went to a RS activity learning to assemble charcuterie boards. The trick lies in variety, texture, and color theory! Our plates were cute little boards we used to serve ourselves after we applied what we learned making 2 large trays. Our board looked more chaotic than charcuterie but it tasted good. LOL. I got to sit with the YW, so fun to chat and joke around with folks at my same maturity level. Fergus got a business shirt, so he can be Lord Business. He decided Justin’s head was delicious, licked all that yummy salt off his head…while wearing a business shirt. That was epic. 


Josie and I finally sat down to plan her baptism program. She was very specific about what songs she wanted to sing, but changed her mind 3 times. She settled on My Own Sacred Grove and Walk with Me for the songs. I talked her into singing a song which she agreed to do ONLY if I sang and played piano with her. We had a cozy sing session singing I Like to Look for Rainbows and I Love to See the Temple. She had her hand on my shoulder with her head resting by my cheek. She exclaimed several times, don’t you feel all that love mom?! Yes, I do! She found me at my computer a few hours later wanting to practice again. Our conversation went something like this: “let’s practice again, I’ll just sit right on your lap. There! Ok you let me sing first but just help a little. Mom, you missed coming in again. Sigh, let’s just sing like this forever. You love me and I love you. Don’t you love rainbows and temples, mom? Let’s sing like this forever, well maybe tomorrow.” My heart was full. 


I have a fun Sandra Boynton calendar at school, it tells you when it is National Crazy Sock day or National Play Tennis Day. Friday happened to be National Play Tennis Day. Josie planned for an entire week to go play tennis afterschool on Friday. Everett is starting on the tennis team next week so was also eager to play. The EVMS court was busy so we drove to the Skyview court. It was empty of practicing teams. We enjoyed an hour of smashing tennis balls across the net. The moon and sun were at exact opposites, as the sun set the moon rose, it was a very pretty sight. 


Amelia had her State Solo performance Saturday at 11:20 at NNU. She was quite worried because her throat was sore for about 10 days and was still very sore. I checked her throat Thursday night, indeed it was very red but did not look like Strep. She practiced with Mrs Goodman several times throughout the week. I attempted to help her practice at home, alas my piano skills were tested by Handel’s prowess. We saw Jenn Spackman and her daughter Lily there (from MCO). I am so proud of Mia for pressing on to complete her obligation to sing. She is feeling very overwhelmed lately with a lot of responsibilities on her plate. It’s not easy being an 11th grader! 


When Phillip wants to clean, he is my best cleaner. The van was gross again. He detail cleaned several spots in the van with gusto and precision. All the kids chipped in to vacuum and scrub off surfaces. The van was several shades lighter after an hour of scrubbing. I dropped the older 3 off at the church for a temple baptism trip. I photographed Clyde Izatt’s senior photos around 4 pm. It’s been a hot minute since I last photographed a graduating senior. Next week we are gearing up for Josie’s baptism, that came quick. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts