So Long Quasimoto





The big news of the week is that Quasimoto may no longer be part of our vehicle cadre. Justin and Everett were on their way to a hockey game Friday night. Justin noticed the fire station door was open and the main fire truck gone. He glanced a moment too long and failed to notice the vehicle in front of him slowing down. Quasi deployed airbags when the front hood when crunch-a-munch. Justin and Everett got quite a scare but no injuries past sore muscles, bruised pride, and some emotional trauma. The absent firetruck was right there, I hear 911 was called by the firefighters before Justin could call. The firefighters gave Everett the royal treatment after the police left. He was able to tour the truck and poke around the station house. Everett slept in our bedroom on the floor because he is feeling so disconcerted. He was brave to get back in the truck with Justin to ride over to church this morning. When I arrived at church he was nearly sweating bullets from stress. Most likely the insurance company will total the car because the airbags deployed. What a huge bummer…about the car because it means more money and time finding another suitable vehicle. 

Tuesday the kids and I all had dental cleanings. We left with 4 out of 6 with a no cavity badge, Evelyn and Amelia both have molar cavities. I can totally relate having had many myself in spite of constant flossing and brushing. It might be time for orthodontic intervention for Evelyn because she cannot get floss between her back teeth. I took the afternoon off because the front office staff got me a substitute for the rest of the day. I went home with the girls to enjoy the afternoon. The girls played outside or held the puppies, I finished editing a photo session. Next day I had a Dr appointment with Mary Kerr for my annual checkup. Still healthy, hooray! Saltzer Health is closing their doors end of March, that could mean we have to search for new family doctors, pediatrician, etc. 


After MCO on Thursday Josie, Evelyn, and I went to Target for a shopping spree. Josie was all sorts of stressed trying to decide what she wanted for her birthday. I think she had a splendid time hearing “yes, sure, put it in the cart” than she’s ever heard before! Her favorite purchase was a Bluey keytar and Bluey Beach set. I quite enjoyed shopping with the littles, that was fun to spoil them a bit. 


Amelia had All-State starting Wednesday evening through Friday night! She worked extra hard to memorize the words and her part as 2nd soprano over the past week. Once again, I am amazed at how much these musical wizards accomplish in 2 days with students from all over the state. Amelia said the treble choir conductor was absolutely enthralling. Dr Edith Copley taught music for over 56 years! She was very inspiring to watch as she directed the girls. Phillip and I went to the concert, Justin and Everett were on their way to a work-hosted hockey game. Last Thursday I told Justin about the choir tickets, he texted back asking if he could take one of the boys to a hickey game. Next morning I vaguely said he could NOT take a boy to the hickey game. He whipped out his phone and checked, yep, hickey game. I approved the hockey game. Sara and Ambree wanted to attend the Amelia’s concert in Justin and Everett’s stead. I got Justin’s text about the crash during the concert so did not notice it until 7:30ish, the crash was around 7 pm. I left out coats set out on seats because we had to leave then come back for the jazz choir and band concerts. Amelia snuck into the auditorium to grab our stuff. By that time Justin called Dusty for a ride home. Everett was in a mild state of shock, mostly jittery. Justin had a moment alone upstairs, crying off the stress, bear hugs all around for the rest of the evening. 


Josie is counting down the days to her birthday! She is t-minus 1.5 days right now. After grocery shopping was completed the girls went shopping for party stuff. We went to Zurchers hoping to find carrying boxes for the stuffed animals. Josie had a coupon for a free drink at the new Swig location next to Zurchers. The cashier kept my debit card, how rude! I did not notice until we were finished shopping at the Dollar tree. We made one last stop at JoAnns for fabric and stuff to make collars and leashes for the stuffies. Sounds like a quick trip, right? Oh gosh, we were gone 3 hours at least. It rained the entire time plus 3 more hours beforehand. Lots of rain yesterday. Justin and Everett mostly napped or snuggled for the day. I decorated the front table for Valentine’s day once we got back home. Hooray. 

Comments

Popular Posts