Suapaia Visit
It was girl time! Hannah and Evelyn started right away playing American Girl dolls in the newly restored loft space. Evelyn was in heaven playing for a couple hours with Hannah. Rachel had an interesting night. She woke up around 3 am a spewed puke on herself and across Hannah and Evelyn. They had no idea how bad the “damage” was. Rachel was not her usual bubbly self on Friday. The girls worked their way through their list of activities. It was HOT outside so playing outdoors was not very comfy. I went grocery shopping in the morning since the fridge was now empty after I deep cleaned it. One has to deep clean the fridge at least twice a year, the deep clean where all the shelves and trays come out. I found some interesting shriveled science experiments. Jana enjoyed a day of relaxation. Good! The girls even had a spa night.
Saturday, we needed an activity like a day at the lake. Way too many other folks had the same idea. The spot I discovered last week was filled up, boo hoo. Wait?! As we scoped out the space a family was leaving so I quickly nabbed the few feet of beach space. Hooray. Unfortunately, a foul-mouthed group of young adults occupied the same stretch of beach. Their conversations were like watching a soap opera. Hannah and Rachel quickly got used to maneuvering the kayaks. The girls played foxes for quite some time near a rocky part of the beach. Snorkeling Barclay was NOT the same as snorkeling in the Caribbean. We watched Sheep Detective with cousins after dinner. It is a funny, entertaining movie.
Evelyn gave her first talk in church on Sunday. We wrote her talk last Sunday because I got the date wrong in my head. That worked out in our favor because she was not as nervous worrying about writing her talk. She did a lovely job! I spoke after Evelyn about Girl’s Camp and our theme of Walk with Me. I was going to read the words to the song, even had it pulled up, but didn’t happen. Sister Potter read the lyrics as part of her talk! Listening to the spirit is important, even changing your talk during delivery when prompted. The girls all wanted to make a different type of cookie as an activity. We compromised on making peanut butter cookies and lemon cookies. Evelyn is learning to be a good cookie baker. Evelyn was so tired Monday morning I found her wedged inside the couch fast asleep.








Comments