Boom, Boom, Boom, Mr. Brown Makes Thunder

I meant to write this entry Wednesday night. Five photoshoots, babysitting, and a sick baby, etc kept me busy enough to ignore my blog.

I love lightening storms. My family lived in Tuscon, AZ when I was about 3-4 years old. I distinctly remember the lightening storms that would rush across the desert. One day our landlord put new grass in the backyard of the current home we were renting. Later on that day it started to pour rain. Dad did not want us to run on the new grass in fear of damage to the wet grass. I vividly remember standing near a white post under the patio with tears running down my face just like the rain. The lightening and thunder made a fantastic fanfare to my tantrum. It seems ever since we lived in Arizona lightening storms became an acute fascination. Late Wednesday night I woke to a screaming baby and a delightful thunderstorm. After putting Amelia back in bed, I went downstairs and sat on our back porch in the rain to feel the thunder pound and the lightening streak across the sky. I was in heaven.

Comments

Taylor's said…
Could not agree more about the rain. I miss those East coast rain storms where it thunders, lightening, and rains ALL night!

I have always told Jeff when we get rich, I want a tin or copper roof just so I can hear the rain.

Popular Posts