Makin' Cookies


Yesterday evening Amelia and I set out to make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Jana made them a couple weeks ago and I've craved them ever since. Funny thing, since I customarily dislike chocolate cookies of any type. Weird, I know! The cookies taste like soft gooey boutique cookies. Yum. Once I had all the cookies on the sheet to cook, Amelia snatched the one made for me (sans chocolate, only butterscotch chips) and munched half of it before I noticed. Little cookie thief. She really enjoyed sucking the beaters and helping me mix the dough.

Here is the recipe:

The New Best Recipe (America Test Kitchen)

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Cups plus 2 TBS of Flour
½ Tsp baking soda
½ Tsp salt
12 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled until just warm
1 Cup packed brown sugar
½ Cup white sugar
1 Large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1-1½ Cups of semisweet chocolate chips

1. Adjust oven rack to middle and heat oven to 325 degrees, line baking trays with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick spray)
2. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl
3. Mix warm butter and sugars until blended, beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just incorporated. Stir in chips to taste.
4. Roll a scant ¼ cup of dough in ball, divide ball in half and recombine the smooth edges leaving the outer side of the dough ball rough (this was totally unnecessary, but I did it).
5. Bake 15-18 minutes, rotating trays half way through baking.

Comments

Popular Posts