Playing with Sarah and Bridger


This morning Amelia and I drove down to Lehi to drop off a photography CD to the family from last week's session. We orchestrated a drop-off at the Maverick off I-15 near Thanksgiving Point. Then we drove to Sarah's home to visit with her for the morning. Sarah showed me some of the wicked cute outfits she's collected for little Kenna, who will be born in about a month. I was so excited to give her a fun onesie and hat. Sarah LOVES bright colors so I tried to find some fun fabric and yarn to make a cute little outfit. Bridger and Amelia were having a hard time sharing and playing together. Bridger is 3 and loves things to be a certain way...so does Amelia! It was almost humorous. Amelia conked her head just as we headed out the door to shop at Target and grab some lunch. She wailed and cried for the 30 minutes it took us to get to Daybreak. I even had to stop off on the side of the road because Amelia started to gag she was crying so hard. A kind gentleman stopped his car to make sure we were okay, saying he was an EMT from Camp Williams. I calmed her down a bit and stuck her back in the car seat and resumed our drive. She resumed crying with gusto. I was crying by the time we got to our destination. She brightened up a bit during lunch at Chic-fil-a. I guess she got whatever angst she had out of her little system because she was pretty happy during a short trip to Target. I was delighted to find a green puffy coat like the one I have for her! I love shopping with Sarah. We could not put down all the cute GIRLY clothes for babies. If I had a million dollars! A lady completely fainted in front of us at the check out line. Everyone was pretty panicked to get her back on her feet. I felt like fainting too, but from exhaustion. Amelia napped most of the way home. Little booger...naps are necessary for little 18-month old bodies.

This evening we had fun playing with Lego's. She is interested in making towers now and watching them fall. Justin and I conducted a FHE on the Word of Wisdom, somehow incorporating the topic of managing our health care benefits. It is that time of year to determine how much goes in a cafeteria plan, what health plan to choose, and what benefits to continue. It worked somehow! Our activity was dancing in the kitchen and eating more yummy cookies. Amelia fell into bed asleep before her head hit the pillow.

Comments

Popular Posts