Labor Day Weekend




 






What an excellent weekend! Friday we spent the day cleaning, lazing about, and such. Actually, I did go to Walmart...by myself...angels singing...at 3 pm. NEVER HAPPENS!! I can still hear the angels singing. James and Miekka arrived around 10:30 with John and Courtenay following an hour behind them. Little Lia has two older brothers. She was in girl glee playing with all our girly toys. I want to capture this image in my mind forever: Lia sitting on the air mattress, discovering a tote of plastic Disney Princesses, her excitedly waving her hands as I unzipped the tote, and her trill scream of delight...AHHHHHHH, pwincess!! If I were a cannibal I'd eat her up. The kids went to bed, while we waited for John and Court to show up. Jacob needed an extra blanket. I rifled through my blankets and he chose the "worm blanket" one of my photo props, a nubby rug. He snuggled with that rug all weekend. Courtenay texted me a few moments before arriving about the stench coming from Stinklage, I mean Dinklage. Dinklage is our local cattle feedlot. We stayed up way too late talking.

We all slept in as much as possible. Miekka and Seth had a rough bout dealing with throw up in the early morning hours. Miekka felt a bit nauseous for most of the morning. Seth seemed to perk up once he really woke up. I really wanted to visit our local Farmer's Market for some fresh corn. We took all the kids and adults except Phillip and Miekka, both trying to sneak a nap. Yep, found me some corn...and jalapeno jelly. We ate said jelly for lunch over cream cheese. Double yum. Justin, James, and John took their fire sticks out into the country for some blasting fun. I hear they mostly shot dirt and sky. Still shooting seemed to calm their blood lust. The ladies stayed home and napped, gossiped (I mean talked), and played with the kids. Little Everett is so calm, he chillaxes and only complains loudly when he wants his woman to get him something. We let the kids play in the water for a little bit before dinner. Lia has the best cheeser faces EVER. I made homemade Pesto with basil from my garden over gnocchi and crumbled sausage. Miekka made a fruit salad and help keep pans from burning. The adults repeated Friday evening by talking late into the night and me crocheting Everett some cute hats.

At church on Sunday I overheard one of the 6 year old boys exclaim, "Man, I am girl-trapped!" as four girls cornered him. It was a relief to laugh after a stressful Sunday. Due to the holidays some of our teacher's were absent in Primary. Phillip and I taught 10 5 year olds. We played a whisper game at one point. I whispered the phrase, "Tell me the stories of Jesus" to the first child. By the third child they were just making buzzing sounds. My nephew Jacob was the last person. He listened to the buzzing sound, got a gleam in his eye, and growled, "I'm a gonna kiiiiiilll you!" Pirate style. Comic relief number two. Everett learned to take a binky and enjoy our bouncy seat. He got pretty worked up playing in the bouncer. Reminded me how cute Phillip was learning how to kick his little nubs. Justin smoked up a pork loin covered with bacon for dinner. Miekka made Greek potatoes and I contributed fresh chard and carrots from the garden. No wonder I weigh so much lately. The garden food is way too good. After dinner we went to the park for an hour. Miekka, Court, and I made Lia a stinkin' cute skirt with fabric Miekka purchased a couple weeks ago. She really needs to take a photo of Lia in the skirt.

After a yummy breakfast of eggs, bacon (course), and blueberry muffins the crew headed back for Utah. Our house seemed empty and void for a few hours. We all tried to nap and relax for a couple hours.

Comments

Courtenay Beth said…
It was SOOOO fun Jenni, you guys were great hosts, it was nice to just hang out and enjoy the kiddo's, Amelia cracks me up so much!!!
wow, what a crazy weekend!!! Glad you had so much fun with your family visiting!!

Popular Posts