Yarn Fest

 
 
 
 


Been having some fun with the yarn lately. Made 7 hats in less than 5 days! Three of them looked sorta funny so ended up reworking the bottom halves (Phillip's monkey hat, the pumpkin, and one of the bluebird ones) after taking photos. Phillip was so excited to hold Everett for the hat photos. He loves his brother!

My cousin's wife, Denise Adams, sent me four gorgeous headbands earlier this week. Wednesday and Thursday I spent some time whipping up 8 of these beauties during naps. I love me a fast and easy project. I only wish I had more amazing fabric! Each flower and band are a little different. They look pretty cute on Amelia too and on me when my hair is pulled back into a messy bun. Thanks for the inspiration. I took some ideas from this tutorial to make them. The headbands are about half the width from the tutorial since skinnier looks best on little girls and in curly hair. Last night I finished the last shirt in my stock for Everett. My inspiration came from Courtenay's love of argyle. After I finished the applique part the shirt seemed to be missing some pizzazz...so I sewed around the button enclosure and collar with a messy edge. I love how it looks!!

I had to laugh after conference was finished. Amelia took some of my acrylic yarn with my permission to cut and cut lengths of yarn. She stayed busy for an entire hour cutting yarn. She cut about 20 oz of yarn! It was a mess but that is how they learn right? I love to crochet and watch conference. Balm to my soul.

Comments

Johnson Family said…
As always, I love all your posts...I am not too great at commenting, but I always check your blog regularly! Love the headbands and all the projects. Looks like you definitely have your hands full with "DMB"...lol. Quite the big decisions you guys were faced with in the job department! Glad you are happy with your choice! Love ya and wish we lived closer/could see each other more!!!
cute hats, and so fitting to the models! LOVE my headband, thanks for the surprise! I need to figure out how to make them cute on me!! :)

Popular Posts