The Weekend

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Justin misses me. He misses me soooooo much he sent me yellow roses. Gorgeous YELLOW roses...my favorite. The flowers smell amazing. I buckled the roses into the passenger seat on Saturday, they smelled a bit better than Justin did. Still those roses will not pass for my Justin man. Even if he smells funny sometimes. The flowers made me a bit more homesick. Only 9 more days to go. Libby helped me pick out a cute new swim suit. The last time I bought a swim suit (non maternity) was 5 years ago, when Amelia was born. Ca-ute! The kids enjoyed an afternoon of swimming and sun. I made a delish salsa and Mexican beef dish for dinner. Salsa on a hot day is food of the gods.  My good friend Jessica met with with us after dinner to play at the splash pad. I took her daughter's photos after playing. The last time I photographed Aubrey was when she was a bitty 6 months old. Now Aubrey is almost 4. She looked pretty adorable. After photos we went for some frozen yogurt. The yogurt shop was next door to the Kangaroo Zoo. Amelia pined in front of the window, sighing and carrying on: "I remember when Grandpa took us here, sigh, it was wonderful, sigh, I wish grandpa was here to take me again, sigh....Mom, we ARE going tomorrow!...sigh" Hilarious. That girl can throw theatrics with the best of Broadway performers. She could be the next Anne of Green Gables. 

Saturday dawned windy and cold. I decided to take all the kids to Kangaroo Zoo (thanks Amelia) for a couple hours. We met up with my friend Jessica again to play some more. Amelia only showed up for a drink and snack half way through. Phillip was a constant blur of activity. Mason scraped his elbow early off, the lustur of the fun wore off rapidly. The kids wore themselves out playing. My kids and I met my old boss, Casey for lunch at Kneaders. You might be thinking: weird. Well, she was my boss...now a true friend. We had a great time swapping stories until my kids were glassy-eyed and bored. 

Sunday. I drove to James and Miekka's home for the day and night. Went to sacrament meeting with them then took the boys to their home for naps. Phillip had other ideas, napping not one of them. He donned Harry Potter glasses and watched church videos. Everett learned how to sit up from his stomach! He scoots all over the place now with a really strange scoot. I will share a video! I had to put long socks on his legs since he was getting carpet burn on his calves. The kid also teethed two more top teeth for a total of four top and two bottom teeth! Way to go champ! James made spaghetti for dinner. John and Court brought apple crisp for dessert. We dined. I was pretty cranky. The kids were cranky. Glad to see Sunday over. 

Miekka watched my kids this morning so I could go shopping alone. I was a shopping fiend. Went to Ross, Michael's, Kohls, Quilt Etc, Quilted Bear, Ikea, and Walmart in less than 4 hours. Now I am watching her kids while she goes shopping alone. Glad that is done and checked of my list of things to do before I leave. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! You've had quite the adventure! Super sweet roses too. Those guys just can't live without us. :) And way cute swimsuit.

See you soon!

Popular Posts