Discovery Park Adventure








Monday. It was definitely a Monday. The morning felt off while at the crosswalk, a car mirror randomly caught the light and burned my retina. That turned into an insta-migraine lasting the next 3 days. The 5th graders were bonkers, the Kinders and Firsts were also bonkers. I about walked out and quit, the feelings of discouragement were so heightened. It will get better, I know that, but it all feels very overwhelming. Instead of having more time with the kids I have less than ever! Right after school Phillip and Evelyn had a well-child visit at 3:45. I had to start work at 7 am in order to flex enough time to leave at 3:40. The kids are growing like weeds. Phillip did not take his medication over the summer, gained a lot of muscle and such. Once again Dr Aldous suggested he exercise more to lose weight. Ironically, Uncle Jared called the next day. He challenged Phillip to a planking contest. No concerns for those two beautiful kids. Phillip is now 5' .75" (63.9%)and 158 lbs (94.4%). Evelyn is 4' 3.25" (11.1%) and 64.5 lbs (25.5%). 

The kids caught colds this week. Phillip and Everett stayed home from school on Tuesday with sore throats, coughs, and runny noses. Amelia felt terrible by Wednesday, she went to bed at 7:30 pm and went home at noon on Thursday feeling terrible. Evelyn went to bed Thursday feeling tired and coughy, she soldiered through and went to school. Justin helped the girls get to school several times this week because I had to start my shift early in order to leave early Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I was downing the baking soda and even ventured into cayenne and warm water to stave off the germs. I am very surprised Josie did not catch the cold yet, she is usually the first. Phillip did not go to drum lessons this week, which actually worked out much better for me. Amelia and I had Trivia Night to raise money for the New York trip. Mrs Sene and I worked hard to get the refreshments, tally sheets, Q&As, and ensure the event was publicized. We had about 4 groups, one group made up of myself, Mia, and two choir girls. Mrs Sene ran the show, the rest of us crunched popcorn and made up answers to the best of our knowledge. You would think I ruled the 90s category!? Nope, I failed that one completely. We rocked geography and music. The girls won tickets to Little Women performed by the drama department. Since the hard work is mostly laid out, we want to try again in 2-3 months. Mrs Sene will try doing a mini-trivia demonstration during lunch to generate more excitement. Justin met with his counselors to hash out ministering assignments. 

Thursday was the first MCO rehearsal of the season! We are so excited. Evelyn and Josie are now in Children's Chorus. Josie did NOT want to participate this year, but reluctantly joined because she wants to go to Boston. I got the attire badge and two boxes of attire supplies, sewing kit, dryer sheets, wipes, et al for concert day. Somehow Danielle Young agreed to be the YSC coordinator this year. I called her two weeks ago but she sounded very hesitant. Jenn Spackman and I were at out wits end finding a parent to take the open spot. I assembled dinner the night before for the slow cooker, started the meal before leaving for school. Amelia went home early so finished the rest of the preparations and met me at the Reagan after school. We picked up Ambree on our way to Eagle. The traffic was terrible, took us 58 minutes. Evelyn and Josie were 20 minutes late for practice. I helped Danielle with the rest of the YSC rehearsal and dismissal. David Day's mom was a hour late picking him up. That was stressful. 

I had 4 more families signed up for school photos on Saturday and Dahlia's 3 month photos. I was able to edit 80% of the photos from last week in just two hours, had all those photos delivered by the end of the day. Hooray! Justin took Evelyn and Josie to D&B Supply with him on Friday. Josie came home sighing, her heart's desire was a toy horse, a pink cowgirl hat, and sparkly pink boots. All she wanted was an adventure. I promised we would indeed have an adventure. That nearly got nixed because Dusty had the van to work on installing new brakes. Amelia was gone for her FIRST DAY OF WORK at the FARMSTEAD at the orchard stop selling cider and doughnuts. Justin left to run errands. Amelia came home early so we got to leave for a free adventure. I took the kids to Discovery Park. Phillip was not happy to stay home without TV privileges so he came along quite reluctantly. In the end they all had a wonderful time getting wet at the Platypus/Bear splash pad, the awesome sand pit, and the park area. On the way home I saw some large mounds that resembled Prairie Dog mounds. I commented "look at the size of those gopher/praire dog mounds!" Phillip's eyes went large, his head whipped around! He looked horrified, Mom! I've never seen mounds that size, imagine how large the animals are! Yes, indeed! Imagine that. Ha ha ha.  

Comments

Popular Posts