Black Thumb

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thursday night/Friday morning Justin woke up to a bad case of the flu. He made an awful mess in the bathroom. Gross. He slept most of Friday. Now he is developing a nasty sinus infection. Poor guy. Saturday he got some yard work done and helped me with the kids in between naps. He made a fun leaf/grass pile in the back of his truck that the kids enjoyed jumping in. Alison and I helped eight 8 year old girls sew some American Girl sleeping bags for a birthday party. We had a blast helping the girls sew something, most for the first time. The girls made other crafts while they waited for a turn in the sewing room. I think that was the best birthday party idea ever! Justin dropped of Amelia at the theater to watch The Lorax. Emma's mom and dad reserved the theater and invited the entire kindergarden to the movies! The kids paid for snacks but watched the movie for free. We watched Madagascar 3 that evening. The kids loved it.

Justin is slowly getting a little better. He stayed home from church. We are getting sister missionaries tomorrow for the first time...as far as I know. I am beyond excited. My friend Tabitha would be ever so receptive to Sister Missionaries. I think helping Tabitha learn the gospel could be the push I need to get my spiritual life back on par. Honestly, I was getting a bit lazy! It takes just as much work to fit in the spiritual as it does to keep the house clean, the kids happy, the husband cared for, and everything else in between. I had a bad habit form that spirituality just happens and stays. One more area to work on! In nursery 15 kids showed up today. I am no longer in nursery but stayed first hour to help out. As we got out of the van to go in the house I asked Phillip if his tummy was hungry he retorted, "No! mom, my shirt...hooongry." He tried to make a super hero fist using some black yarn from a hat I had half way crocheted. Grrrr. He called himself black thumb.

Comments

Popular Posts