Trick or Treat

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tuesday after school and piano Amelia and Phillip helped me pull the carrots out of the garden! We pulled about 40 pounds of carrots! Now I just need to clean, scrape, blanch, and freeze them. I love to make a quart baggie full and freeze the carrots for fast and healthy additions to stew, soups, and side dishes. Yum! The kids enjoyed digging in the empty garden getting dirty and dusty. I did too. One of my piano students decided to stop lessons for a while. Makes me sad to see a student quit.
 
Wednesday we had a great day. The boys and I enjoyed a fun hour at the park. I think we went most every day this week. Everett is getting better at circumnavigating the rough terrain. Alaina Gull hosted a potluck at her house before trick or treating. The kids helped me make pigs in a blanket for our contribution. Everett loved all the dogs over all the Gulls. One teenager was dressed up at Elmo, like a real Elmo, furry head covering and all. He enjoyed bonking into the Elmo dude. Everett soon caught on to the benefits of carrying his bucket to the door. He said "tank-u" after getting some candy. After getting a treat he'd plop down on the porch right there and eat a candy. Ella and Amelia went around to the houses together just like old times. They are so cute! Everett consumed a large amount of candy after the first four houses. We drove over to Mrs Hamling's (Amelia's teacher) home to trick or treat. She invited all her kids over to show off their costumes. Amelia was gushing over how much Mrs Hamling LOVED her costume. She adores her teacher. Amelia and I went to a couple houses around our neighborhood. At home we sorted the candy and then put it all away. Everett woke up at 1 am bouncing off the walls until about 3 am. He did not get any candy for two days after that. 

Comments

Unknown said…
What a fun night! I love the turtle - so perfect for him. :)

Popular Posts