Santa at Hickory Square

 
 
 
 
 
 
Amelia woke up excited to visit Santa Friday morning. When I told her she had to wait until Saturday I totally expected a melt down. Instead she took off her special shirt and put on a different Christmas shirt. We enjoyed a mostly TV free day on Friday. The kids loved every moment we spent decorating for Christmas. Our tree is bottom heavy with ornaments and snowflakes. There are several bare spots from Everett shaking the branches free of decoration. It took us most of the day with several breaks to get the living room back in order. I had a photo shoot with a family diagonal from my home. The owner is in her 80s, with her son and wife living with her as caretakers. I was amazed at how large their home was! I was delighted to capture this wonderful family, mother, 4 sons, 3 wives, 2 GC, and 3 GGC. Amelia came to honk my pig toy. That sounds strange, but my best attention getter is a silly dog squeaky toy. The family dog was drooling over my toy as well. Afterwards we treated the kids to a theater visit to see Frozen. I loved all the music! The natives were fine until the treats ran out. The last 10 minutes were touch and go but all in all the best family theater visit we've had in a long while. I finished out the night making Black Friday gift purchases online.

Saturday Justin got up and went to work cleaning our disgusting garage. He moved on to winterize the yard and yard tools. I think he spent most of the day outside! Amelia said, "Mom? Why is Dad outside all day today...that is really strange! Is he OK?" I got a laugh out of that comment. I did some Christmas and food shopping at Walmart. Only a couple more items for stockings and such left to find. The kids spent most of the day outside as well. Amelia and Phillip made two pig pumpkin pies (ie mud pies) with dirt from the garden box, sticks, and lawn toys.  Amelia had to wait ALL day to see Santa. We finally went after dinner. We missed the lighting of the tree ceremony and Santa arriving on the firetruck. Santa was at the Book Corner. Let me tell you...that was not such a brilliant idea. Lots of hyper kids inside a book/toy store with lots of candy and breakable items. We sweated the entire time trying to keep everyone accounted for and the purchasables as unpurchased. Everett wore a very cute aviator hat. He reminded me of the kid from a Christmas Story. Everett got to sit on Santa's lap. He was enthralled with Santa's white beard, stroking it and whispering "Santa" over and over. We made it out with free candy canes. The kids wanted to see the huge tree and the over sized decorations across the street. We sipped hot cocoa at home. Justin helped me give the boys much needed haircuts. Everett was blubbering that he did not want to be a handsome boy anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts