Evelyn at 5 Months Old












I cry. I cry that this little lady is growing way too fast. About once a week I catch myself with tears in my eyes thinking that this stage is so fleeting. I love kissing her little neck, trying to illicit a giggle with gentle raspberries under her chin. Her little legs are so soft and squishy. She is so serious most of the time. She smiles. She laughs. She laughs at Phillip and Amelia. Sometimes, she will chuckle for me. She gives some awesome smiles. Most of the time she is so intent on sucking her fists. Lately, she entered the squealing and shrieking stage. I just found a video of Mia at the same age. She was experimenting with her voice in the ladies bathroom. Evelyn is doing the same thing now. We hear random barks of sound coming from her mouth. She sucked on her toes for the first time yesterday.

Don't let that sweet face kid you. She is a real baby Houdini. Last week she started freeing her arms from my swaddle. By 3 am she was waking up every 10-15 minutes. I ended up pinning the PJ arms to the PJ body. What did she do? Little octopus pulled her arms out of her PJs and up through the neck of her jammies. I was impressed! She is not ready for sleeping unswaddled. I am not ready for the sleepless nights while she adjusts. Maybe next month.

She can almost roll onto her tummy. She gets close but then flips back. I think she realizes that once on her tummy she cannot get on her back without help. Her favorite toys are shiny objects that make soft squeaky noises. She coos at her little crab toy. Evelyn also loves her baby doll from Grandma Debbie. She takes to squealing at it while globbering her hair. Like Amelia, Evelyn responds to music. Her ears perk up when someone is singing and often chimes in with a couple well-timed squeaks or coos.

Comments

good grief, 5 months already? She is adorable!!!

Popular Posts