Errand of an Angel

















I discovered a large seam separation in our new bouncy house. I found it AFTER I blew it up to "clean" up balls the kids left inside. Course I HAD to blow it up to retrieve the balls. It was fun until I heard the telltale whistle of escaping air. Little Tykes is sending us a new bouncy house. Hooray. The fans cheer. Can't wait to clean up balls again out of our new new bouncy house.

Tuesday an angel came to my house...no seriously! She came in the form of Gina Hill, my Visiting Teacher. She shooed me out of the house from 9:30 until noon. I went to Walmart (alone). Salvation Army (alone). Antique store (alone). It was awesome. I scored the lovely turquoise candelabra now on my mantle. Not only did she watch the kids, she dared to clean my kitchen and straighten up the house. I feel so, so grateful. Every mom needs moments like that. Gina, you are an example to us all. Because of her I had time to play puzzles, Power Rangers, and read books with my boys after lunch.

Wednesday I earned a mother of the year award. Just wait till you hear what I did. I picked up Phillip from preschool. The other kids were at Meagan's home. I ran over to her house to snap a couple photos of baby Maggie on their awesome fireplace mantle. She looked so darn tiny! I had to scurry to get Phillip. As usual he hopped into the van with his customary gusto and exuberance. Like any good mom I asked him four times to buckle up. Instead he decided to stand up and walk towards the front just as I expertly maneuvered a brake check. Poor kid slammed his chin into the cup holder. He broke skin in two places under his chin and bit/bruised his tongue in two places. I felt terrible. He sobbed for a while as I apologized for teaching him a lesson. Darn it. Since I was feeling so bad about it all we licked our wounds at McDonald's over Happy Meals and a salad for me. Amelia lost another tooth! She lost the right front bottom tooth. Her top right tooth is being very stubborn, the adult tooth is already broken through and is growing in wonky. We try to pull it out every other day or so with floss. She was excited to lose a small tooth. Toothetina left her two quarters, some cherry chocolate chips, and an AAA battery. I think Amelia found a loose battery in her bed and associated it with her tooth fairy visit. She told me that the tooth fairy is reminding her to change the batteries in her dream light. I love kids!

Our ward now has six...SIX...missionaries. We are getting a couple in Kimball and have 4 Elders here. The work is moving forward. So very exciting. We fed the 4 Elders Thursday evening. In my search to eat healthier I wanted to fix something healthy. I made re-fried beans, cilantro rice, and fish or shrimp tacos. I used Tilapia fillets and shrimp brined in lime, salt, garlic, cilantro, and agave nectar. It was divine. The Elders seem to enjoy the meals I make. I really try to make meals that are not ordinary just for variety sake. They left us with a challenge to bear our testimonies. I served the meal on paper plates and used paper cups. After they left Phillip took some empty paper cups and made a trumpet. He poked holes in the cup. He decided the trumpet needed keys to push, so he stuck in crayons to act as keys. As Justin says: "Somewhere, somebody has some ugly and boring children...and it is NOT us!" Like most biased parent I agree! Our kids are so cute and very creative. Everett can turn anything into a sword or gun. Phillip is just plain awesome. Amelia has a gift for art and reading. Can't wait to watch our Evelyn grow and join the party.

I totally hit the thrift store jack pot on Friday. The Rummage House had a 1/2 off sale on everything. I found some amazing vintage clothing, a vintage ladies hat, Evelyn clothes, a UNO game, photo frames, and candles. It was an impressive haul. The boys impressed the old biddies at the thrift store with their fine manners. They are friendly little boys who behave well in public. I would rather keep their antics at home! Lucky me. The boys were all dressed in snow clothes by the time Amelia came home. They played outside for a good 2 hours! Everett was so worn out he fell asleep on the carpet clutching a banana. I told him to wait a moment before peeling the banana while I put Evelyn down for a nap. In the 3 minutes I was gone he passed out on the carpet. Bless his little soul. Amelia reported she and Phillip played snow dogs and made snow angels plus all the other fun stuff kids do in the snow. Hot cocoa and flavored-snow were ready for them after their time outside. I sewed up a couple shirts for Evelyn and started working on a pile of Baprons I have cut out and basted. Justin and I watched the newest Percy Jackson movie. I crocheted a basketball hat for a little baby a couple days older than Evelyn. His head is the same size as Everett's! Courtesy of So I Married an Axe Murderer: "I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."

Saturday we enjoyed sledding down the hills near the public park. It was awesome, simple fun. We cannot wait for February's fun activity. The kids enjoyed making Valentine posters with poster paints. Everett and Phillip mostly smeared the paper, their chest's, and each other with paint. Amelia painted two awesome masterpieces. I finished watching season 3 of Downton Abbey. Gaw!!!! The season ending was terrible, completely terrible. Darn English soap opera is more like it.

At church I met another photographer! Welcome to another awesome family! Goodness, all these new families are quite exciting. I think this coming school year we will be able to host joy school again. Everett's nursery class is quite large. I took a nice nap after church. I slept so well I jerked awake panicking that Amelia was late for school because I over slept. Took me a long moment to realize it was still Sunday...and Sunday afternoon. 

I am teaching a 5 week photography class starting the 20th of February. I do not profess to be a master of photography in any way shape or form. The chances for education are slim here in Sidney. Tons of folks asked me to show them basic camera skills in the past couple months. I am very excited to create this series and teach it. I love getting out into the community. Well, that is that.

Comments

if you happen to be missing your candle thing...I won't be at my house! :)

Cleaning angel, sounds amazing!

I LOVE Your tablecloth! Where did you get it!

Popular Posts