The Dirt before the Bath






















We were all sooooo tired after our trip. Amelia woke up with a headache and sore throat. I let her stay home, more to help with preschool. I quickly whipped up a lesson on the letter W. The boys loved making the letter W on chalkboards and paper. Our main activity was outside digging for worms. A light mist helped bring the worms closer to the surface in my garden box. At first the boys were just scraping the surface. Once I showed them how to dig deeper we started finding worm after worm. Once we collected 20 worms the boys chose their favorites to take inside. Then we measure the worms using paper clips. The boys compared the real worms to gummy worms. Both types of worms were pretty close to the same length, the real worms were quite a bit skinnier. I made "dirt cups" for a snack with pudding, crushed oreos, and gummy worms. After preschool we all took a nap and vegged until after Evelyn woke up. Then we worked on emptying the van and car top carrier.

I had a hard time recovering from our trip this week. By Thursday I had a nasty migraine and sore throat. I cancelled the second day of preschool. Instead I fell asleep on the couch until after 11. The kids watched TV while I held down the couch. Evelyn spent time toddling around and cuddling with me.

Friday we had the pleasure of taking photos of Mrs Cassie's new baby girl, Ryah. Phillip prayed that Cassie would be able to come over with her baby during dinner prayers the night before. Ryah was not so keen on getting her pictures taken. She wanted to be awake! She also loved having her legs fully extended. Still I managed to get some good captures with her and the family. After school the kids and I did a little garage sale shopping. I scored a cute antique sled, doll high chair, etch-a-sketch, and tiara.

Saturday we worked as a family to get the garden box ready for spring. It was so warm I ended up seeding peas, green beans, carrots, chard, cucumbers, and red peppers. I will cover my garden with plastic tomorrow if the weather permits, I need to get more clamps first. The kids were keen on playing with water. I asked them to hand water the dry spots in the lawn. They watered the spot under the swing making a lovely mud hole. Soon the kids looked like vagabonds covered with mud. Evelyn was not so sure what to think of the mud on her feet. Justin grilled pork steaks for dinner. After dinner the kid's state of dirtiness devolved into a sticky mess. We let the kids roast marshmallows. Soon Everett and the baby were naked and covered with sticky marshmallows. Phillip had marshmallows on his clothing. Evelyn gave Vader some loves, leaving a face print of sticky mess on his back. I feel a sense of satisfaction when our kids get dirty from playing outside. Even more so after a bath and yummy lotion.

Justin texted me before we arrived at church saying the Betony's were there. I visit teach Nora Betony. She only comes once in a great while. I love this lady. She gives the best hugs ever in spite of her small stature. I told the boys Nora and Jimmy were at church. Phillip ran back to his room for Squeaky the Bison, because his Indian friend would love to see his Bison. When we got to church, Phillip wanted to go give Jimmy a hug. He scooted up a couple rows and popped up next to Jimmy wearing a shy smile. Bless their hearts. The scene was so delightful. Everett wanted in on the action. He was too shy to go himself so Phillip helped him over. Then both boys were a little shy, Justin helped them give out hugs on his way down from the stand. It gave us much pleasure watching the Betony's receive lots of attention. Sometimes miracles happen when you least expect one.

After church today the Primary had a "Great to be Eight" program. Sister Peters and her counselors did a great job with the program. The little kids were in the nursery with sandwiches, bubbles, and 3 young ladies to control the chaos. That allowed Justin and I some nice alone time with Amelia. We are so excited for Amelia's baptism on the 30th of May. She is ready! We all felt a sweet spirit in the room as the Bishop spoke about baptismal requirements. Sister Hornbarger and her daughters sang the song Brother Hornbarger wrote for his daughter Julie's baptism last year. It is a sweet song, talking about little steps it takes to be baptized and how to return to God.

Comments

Popular Posts